Banner

Monday, March 18, 2013

Taco Joes: hubby approved.






The past few months, we've been in a bit of a dinner-rut. Everyone goes through them, some more than others. I know people that embrace the monotony. {I once knew a woman that ate the same 3 meals each and every day for YEARS just to maintain a certain caloric intake for weight maintenance.}

Here at our house, we do try to keep a few staples that we rotate in and out each week for simplicity's sake: fajitas, chili, and spaghetti. Colt is all about knowing what we're having for dinner just by the day of the week (Fajita Fridays, Meatless Mondays, Tilapia Tuesdays, etc).

But during the winter months, I tire of soups and stews. By Spring, I am ready for something new, fun.

I wanna cook something I've never cooked before.

And above all, I want it to be easy.

I rarely cook something twice if it stresses me out during the first try. And with a 17 mo. old wedging himself between your ankles while you're getting dinner ready, stressing out at dinnertime is easy at this house.

Simplicity is key.

And you know what? Over at Mix and Match Mama, simplicity is ALSO key, so it's like a mix and match made in Heaven, right? {Sorry about the cheesy pun, but I could not help myself.}

I've blogged about this website before. And I've enjoyed her recipes very much. So trying another was an easy decision, although choosing something named "Taco Joes" sounded so gross. Tacos + Sloppy Joes = hot mess in my mind. But I pleasantly surprised. And they weren't at all messy either.

Here's the direct link back to her post.

And here's my rundown. It's super easy.

Preheat oven.
Brown ground turkey.
Stir in chili beans, rotel tomatoes, green chilis, and taco seasoning.
Lay out buns on baking sheet.
Spoon meat mixture onto buns.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake.

It's done when the cheese is melted to your desired specifications.

We topped ours with shredded lettuce and sour cream.

It was delicious.

Even Colt thought so.

He actually said the words, "Add this into the rotation."

You should too.
|MrsG






No comments:

Post a Comment