Banner

Monday, June 18, 2012

Daddy's Day #1

This weekend at the Gibson house was very busy.

For one thing-- we decided Thursday night to get up extra early and ride 1.5 hours to this huge flea market called Trade Day in Collinsville, AL with our elderly neighbor Jimmy "Doc" Hargis. We got up bright and early on Saturday morning at 5 am and headed out by 6am. No one bought anything, but it was a WONDERFUL day spent with a dear friend.

The second thing-- it was the husband's first FATHER'S DAY!

I tried to make it as special as I could-- for instance, I ordered his new billet grill for his truck. He's been slowly adding things to his personal truck to make it more personalized. He's had his eye on the Harley-Davidson billet grill for a few months; but, always the provider, he always changes his mind before actually ordering it. Therefore, Wyatt and I bid on the grill using C's paypal account. This proved to be a nice way of letting him know what he was getting, as we won the auction and he was notified via e-mail at work on Thursday.

The next thing we did for him, was create a keepsake/t-shirt-- which I feel is always a Happy Dad's Day go-to gift. I figured it was a great way to let him know that he's a wonderful daddy to our boy and a keepsake-- we'll (hopefully!) always have the t-shirt to remember how small W's feet were on his first Dad's Day.

The last thing we did: we explained to Daddy that we had the entire day planned for him already. He looked a bit taken aback, expecting some kind of honey-do list, I'm sure. Instead, he was pleasantly surprised to find out that we would be going fishing. For the entire day. At his favorite state park.

The husband seemed to really enjoy getting to spend the day fishing with his little buddy. I, on the other hand, really enjoyed reading from my Kindle while stretched out on a beach towel, soaking up some rays. :-)  Hey now-- it's Dad's Day-- why not let him be a dad the whole day right???


Myself, after giving up on catching some rays. Instead, I thought I'd take a stab at catching some fish!
As the day progressed, I gave up sunbathing to help corral Wyatt. He is SUCH a handful now that he's crawling and pulling up. He has also taken to eating absolutely anything that isn't meant to be food. I asked Colt if he wanted me to tend to Wyatt while he just enjoyed fishing, but he stopped me and said, "No, ma'am. This is way more fun than just fishing. Fishing while keeping up with him might be the best fishing trip so far."

Of course, you might not get this same reaction from your husband.

Mine's perfect. ;-)

|MrsG

No comments:

Post a Comment