Banner

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thumper.

Exhibit A: top left side of forehead. Bruise #1 :-(




It might be the first, but it most definitely won't be the last.

At least, that's what they tell me.

There is nothing more terrifying than hearing, "THUMP!" to be immediately followed by the sound of air being sucked back into the lungs, then nothing. No scream. Just Wyatt holding his breath. It takes a few seconds for him to realize that in order to get his point across to me, he has to let it go. He has to let the air pass back out. And then he does. {insert blood-curdling scream here} 

Wyatt has learned to pull up, which, as a mother, is completely amazing terrifying captivating to watch. He stands next to the end table, the sofa, the recliner, and even the rocking chair.

It is this particular piece of furniture which has cause for concern in my opinion.

The hubs claims that I need to let him go, let him explore, and let him learn his own lessons; thereby developing into a toddler with problem-solving capabilities.

I, on the other hand, claim that babies develop brilliantly even without sustaining repeated head injuries.

Now, I'm not one to toot my own horn... so let's just quote the hubster himself.

"Don't worry, Ashley has a piece of paper framed somewhere that proves she knows what she's talking about."

Well, dear, when you're right, you're right. And in this case, I guess I'm going to listen to you.

New house rule: It's better to have a crying baby inside a playpen than a crying baby with a dent.


|MrsG


No comments:

Post a Comment