Banner

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Make your own art?

Lately I've been reading a lot of DIY blogs.

A lot.

Some of my favorites are Young House Love, Bower Power, and IHeartOrganizing. And those are only my favorites.

{source: Bower Power}


While browsing Bower Power the other day, I found this Valentine's Day post featuring a printable graphic for Chattanooga residents/lovers. And I immediately though, I should print that. We love Chattanooga.

And then I thought, I don't love Chattanooga THAT much-- although it is great for food entertainment, I love a few other place a little bit more.

So I made a few graphics for the places that I adore: Dade County, Ga. Dekalb County, GA, and Colt's old stomping grounds, Nassau County, FL.

It was super simple: I just googled imaged for things like, "Georgia Map Clipart," and then refined the search to only display larger images. {I figured if I print it, I wanted to make sure it didn't pixel-out or anything ugly.}

Then I uploaded it to my plus.google account to change the color and add the hearts. {I haven't shelled out any $$ for photoshop, I use my  plus.google for pretty much all photo editing.}

Here are my prints:


If you'd like any of these for yourself, click them to enlarge, them right-click "Save this picture." You can easily print them off at CVS or something.

I saved the images to my computer and then opened them up in MSPaint to size  them up. I wanted to make sure I could print them as 5x7's or squares. I'm still not sure which I'm going to use or where I'm going to hang them... but I definitely envision them in white frames, so I'm gonna online today for some.

Next up is where to hang them. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I want to add the City, ST below the images. I think I like them without-- and besides-- we know what the names are, right?

I'm thinking the bathroom, as that's really the only place in the house that I've completely converted to the new decor colors for the house. The living room is still decorated in ultra dark and earth tones. I'm over it. I'm sick of burnt orange and burgundy and brown all sitting on top of an orangish-leather-couch. It was great 6 years ago. Now I'm done.

Tan sectional and print-pattern throw pillows here I come.

Until then, I'm hanging some new prints in the bathroom. Yep. For sure.

|MrsG

No comments:

Post a Comment