Banner

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Wyatt's Mustache Birthday Bash!




After a month of "planning" {which actually equals making things overly complicated with little or no actual planning} and a week of fever, we finally got to have Wyatt's birthday party. Sure, it was 10 days after his actual birthday, but hey, we do what we can.

So on Saturday I got up, stashed our unfolded laundry into my Monica closet, and started baking cupcakes.

In retrospect, I probably should've gotten the cole-slaw prepared the day before, as well as the cup cakes and cheese dip... but I'm sure next year will be better. {Maybe I should start planning now...}

Without too much of a hub-bub about the ins-and-outs of the party, here are the pictures. :-)

Just a warning: Wyatt did not enjoy his cake-smash, as I believe he just needed a nice long nap right smack in the middle of his party. Ohhhh well!
I was so impressed at how nice using an icing bag with a specialized tip made the cupcakes look. Only cupcakes next year, for sure.
Smash-cake, final take!
At the end of the day, the kid goes back to playing with the empty bags. I mean, c'mon... :-)
And of course, the teacher in me couldn't wait to put WL's blocks into alphabetical order..  and the OCD in me was SO HAPPY that they line up into color columns...

2 comments:

  1. Haha- Why do we get 3 pictures on your blog? I enjoyed the party and can't wait to see him wear and play with my gifts. I already miss him :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, to be honest-- somehow I ended up with lots of pictures of you guys, and hardly any of anybody else! I was browsing back through last night and realized that I should've required everyone to have their picture taken with a mustache. By the photos, it looks like there was only a handful of people there-- when it in reality I counted 22?

      Delete