Banner

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Dog Days of Fall

Update: after posting this yesterday morning, Josie brought half a squirrel home with her. AND TRIED TO BRING IT IN THE HOUSE. #headsmack It was the top half, for those wondering. And disgusting.

This is Josie.
 WLBDay3 149
Josie Elizabeth Wales.
As in the outlaw. (Look it up if you don't get the reference: The Outlaw Josey Wales)

In our house, she mostly goes by Jo-jo. We didn't pick that nick name, as certain three year old dubbed her that because he couldn't say "Josie" when we got her earlier last fall.

She’s been a good dog. Great for Wyatt. She plays so well with him. Sure, they both get aggravated, but she’s always so gentle and playful with him. Perfect comrade.

Because of her perfection with Wyatt, I’ve ignored certain things. Like when you try to pick her up, she always pees a little. (This one con on the do-i-really-love-this-dog list nearly makes me go bonkers each and every time I have to wash a kitchen rug, strip the sheets off my bed, wipe the leather sofa down, etc.)

She also used to try to gnaw on Wyatt’s toys. This drove me crazy! I bought her a pack of rawhides and got her some toys of her own and it stopped.

Until this week.

This week, on Monday, I found this.  We’ll call it exhibit A. (A as in THESE ARE ASHLEY’S EARBUDS, NOT YOURS, JOSIE!”")

This isn’t the first time she’s chewed up my earbuds. When we first got her, I made the mistake of leaving a pair on the end table in the living room. I learned my lesson, wrote it off as experience, and tried not to hold a grudge.

But then on Tuesday…


Exhibit B:

Wyatt’s newest addition to his Ninja Turtle collection. She has gone too far.  Wyatt found the evidence just under his bed, completely decapitated with two amputated (and shredded) arms and one missing leg (it’s still missing. We’re waiting on a bowel movement, I guess).

Girl has gone too far.

I’ve got my eye on you, JOSIE E WALES.

No comments:

Post a Comment